Tryouts for 2013-14
Candidates must pass a baseball talent test (”tryout”), an admissions academic test and complete and approve an interview process. Space for “tryouts” is limited and on a first come, first serve basis. However, candidates may enter a request to be evaluated at one of their regular games in their leagues. This request will be considered based on the availability of the CBBA Sports Department officials.
Dates / Time / Venue
All Tryouts will be held at Florida Municipality Double A Stadium and sharply start at 4:00pm.
The applicant must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tryout start time. All candidates must report to the registration table with all the required documents and his baseball equipment. The parent or guardian must read and sign a liability release and other documents; the candidate then will receive further instructions and will be granted access to the baseball field.
- The candidate must bring his own baseball equipment, including: bat, glove, helmet, catcher equipment, baseball footwear and any other equipment needed for his position.
- All documents requested by the CBBA in order to participate in the tryouts, will be retained by CBBA staff as part of each candidate’s preliminary application package; this includes: 2 photos 2×2, medical certificate, birth certificate, etc.
- The availability of spaces for tryouts is limited.
- Participation in the tryouts DOES NOT guarantee admission to the Academy or any of its programs.
- It is possible that candidates may have to participate in multiple tryouts depending on the number of candidates that meet all of the admission’s criteria.
- Candidates are evaluated based on the discipline shown in the field, their skills and the opportunities to further develop their skills. Our Staff of Baseball Coaches perform the evaluations of each candidate.
- The candidate must bring a recent medical certificate, signed by a licensed physician, certifying that the candidate is in good health and that can perform all baseball-related activities.
- The parent or guardian must read and sign a liability release.
- The candidate must bring 2 face-only photos (size 2’’ x 2’’).
- The documents must be accompanied by a $40.00 non-refundable fee for the tryout.
- If any candidate has participated in one tryout process and wishes to be reconsidered, this request must be made formally to the Sports Department. The reconsideration request will be granted on a case-by-case basis.